The Authority is seeking a highly motivated, suitably qualified and experienced Zambian national to fill the position of Personal Assistant to the Board Secretary/Corporate Services Director under the Corporate Services Department to be based at Head Office, Lusaka.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office of the Board Secretary / Corporate Services Director and the Corporate Services Department by providing secretarial and administrative support services to ensure efficient and effective execution of the Departmental Key Result Areas.
Under the supervision of the Board Secretary/Corporate Services Director, the Personal Assistant will carry out the following key responsibilities:
- Provision of secretarial services covering the following:
- Manages the Board Secretary / Corporate Services Director’s calendar of appointments and advises accordingly.
- Plans, co-ordinates and ensures the Board Secretary / Corporate Services Director’s schedule on Departmental Work Plans is followed accordingly.
- Coordinates the activities of the Department and follows up on incoming and outgoing mail and accordingly advises the Board Secretary / Corporate Services Director the appropriate course of action to be taken.
- Acknowledges and disseminates all correspondence received to respective employees.
- Composes letters, memoranda, and reports as necessary on behalf of Board Secretary / Corporate Services Director and any other employees in the Department.
- Develops a calendar for the Board, Board Committees, Zambezi Valley Development Fund, Intergovernmental Committee of Officials and Council of Ministers’ meetings and circulates the same after approval.
- Prepares agendas for the Board, Board Committees, Zambezi Valley Development Fund, Intergovernmental Committee of Officials and Council of Ministers’ meetings and prepares minutes thereof.
- Prepares the agenda for the Departmental meetings and takes minutes thereof.
2. Provision of administrative support services covering the following:
- Acts as the Focal Point Person in the management of the Authority motor vehicle fleet assigned to the Department.
- Ensures that all the equipment in the Office of the Board Secretary / Corporate Services Director and other offices in the Department is in good working condition and always secured.
- Ensures cleanliness and proper arrangement of the office of the Board Secretary / Corporate Services Director and all other offices in the Department.
- Prepares claim forms for members of the Board, Board Committees, Zambezi Valley Development Fund Board of Trustees, Intergovernmental Committee of Officials and Council of Ministers.
- Makes and arranges travel plans & itineraries and compiles documents for travel-related meetings.
- Manages all housekeeping issues in the Department.
- Facilitates and coordinates all Human Resource matters/ issues in the Department in liaison with the Human Resource and Administration Section in order to ensure effective management of employee relations.
3. Provision of business partnership to other Departments covering the following:
- Plans, coordinates and facilitates the activities of the Corporate Services Department with those of other departments and advises accordingly.
- Advises the Board Secretary / Corporate Services Director accordingly regarding the Department’s activities with other Departments.
- Supervises support employees working or carrying out assignments for the Corporate Services Department
4. Provision of Public Relations services covering the following:
- Communicates on behalf of the Board Secretary / Corporate Services Director on issues pertaining to the Department to the Senior Management of the Authority, other employees and external stakeholders.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Board Secretary / Corporate Services Director’s office and other departments, employees and all other stakeholders.
- Arranges meetings with various stakeholders.
- Assists in making arrangements for all events for the Department i.e. conferences / workshops etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Five ‘O’ Levels with credits or better
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or equivalent
- Advanced Computer Skills in Microsoft Office
- Three (3) years of relevant experience
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
Written application letters together with detailed CVs and certified photocopies of academic & professional certificates should be forwarded to:
The Senior Manager - Human Resource and Administration,
Zambezi River Authority,
Head Office, Kariba House, 32 Cha Cha Cha Road,
P.O Box 30233
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS WILL BE AUGUST 10, 2017
(ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED)